Community is his calling...

Friday, November 18, 2011

TWTD: Power & Focus

There was a book I read recently by author Kevin Blue called Practical Justice and this book informed me about several issues that we face throughout life as well as in our faiths. In this book Blue spoke about dealing with power in today’s society. When I say “power” I’m referring to the capability to help or change things in this world because of their amount of money, knowledge, or judgment. Many of those who have power tend to either misuse their power or never use it when it at the correct moment. There are some people who tend to never use their power at all because of the fear of failing to please those in need. Many people wish to obtain this sort of power many with different intentions. I can recall myself craving for this type of power so that I can better my family’s life and help out those others who are in need. Blue help me to realize that, although, this may be for the better of my family and hopefully those in need, I am still hoping 100 percent for the wrong power. Blue spoke about putting the power of God (Holy Spirit) before my personal craving of other powers. Once I have put my faith ahead of my personal craving of power I will succeed. I like what Blue spoke of in his book Practical Justice is really good.
Those who think differently are very positive and believe in a better world. I decided that in order for me to make a change I would have to realize where I stand in today’s society and speak in unison. And that’s how many others who are considered someone who thought differently spoke up loud enough to become someone. I encourage many others to join this battle for change but before you grow thirsty of power put your faith first.  

No comments:

Post a Comment